Structure of PRINCE2: Its Benefits in Project Management
Projects IN Controlled Environment (PRINCE2) is a structurally based process for project management. It is generally used mostly by the UK Government. It is commonly used around the world. It makes sure that enough time is spent on planning a project efficiently with the entire focus on the goals that are needed to be achieved. The customers should be able to ensure that the benefits are more than the risk of a particular project. It is widely used by public organizations, government bodies, public and private sectors.
Structure of PRINCE2
PRINCE2 is the most used flexible project management method. The reason for its rapid growth and worldwide attention as its being used continuously by the government agencies and other private company. For its perfect way of approach to the project which saves both time and energy. The two types of courses available for PRINCE2 are PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- PRINCE2 FOUNDATION – It is the first course available for PRINCE2. It is a primary type of course that does not require any prior qualifications. Although the candidates are required to have existing knowledge about Project Management, this course gives an in-depth understanding about the principles and underlying fundamental knowledge.
- PRINCE2 PRACTITIONER– It is the second course available for PRINCE2. It is a higher level of qualification for PRINCE2. It solely focuses on the principles of stage methodology and management of the project. It gives detailed knowledge about PRINCE2 principles, process, themes and products.
- Methodology–It can be applied to any type of project, and it is highly flexible. The principle of setting up a plan in PRINCE2 is described here. It maintains a controlled environment from the preparation to the completion of the project.
The structure makes use of 7 principles. They are the rules and regulations that should be strictly followed in a PRINCE2 project. The seven policies are Continued Business Justification, Learn from Experience, Defined Roles and Responsibilities, Manage by Stages, Manage by Exception, Focus on Products and Tailor to Suit. It makes use of seven themes which are the features of project management and must be used in a project. The seven topics are Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risks, Change and finally, progress. They also contain a set of rules which should be used in the entire PRINCE2 project.
Benefits for doing PRINCE2 Certification
PRINCE2 is being used by almost every consumer, dealers and in many business fields. It doesn’t include a management contract but still provides with all the necessary requirements and controls required for all the work.
It also lets your business concentrate on a specific project for the right people, as it creates the start of a project and even the end of a business case. It is an excellent Certification to enhance your project manager skills.
- PRINCE2 can be used in a various range of projects. There are no errors involved in the expectations of the outcomes, and it also guarantees the performance of the project.
- PRINCE2 emphasizes on project management principles related to its instruction book along with strict rules. It explains the stages and the processes of a project and the responsibilities and roles that come with it, unlike other certificates on project management.
- It emphasizes on the methodology of a project; it helps guide the team manager and members from establishment to delivery in a wise step process and with a defined lifecycle.
- The stage methodology lets the project board access progress on a regular basis. It gives them better flexibility at revising some stages. In this method, the risks can also be found and solved.
- PRINCE2 makes use of standard languages for communication with stakeholders. It saves both time and energy.
- PRINCE2 provides a clear structure, creating clear lines of authority, accountability and also the mode of communication.
- It eventually saves time and energy by using conventional means of approach and language. All team members are given specific responsibilities which they understand and commit to.
- It also acknowledges all of your duties regarding a particular project.
- The task defines the product provided or needed.
- Its plans depend on the needs of different levels in an administrative team.
- It comes with a low budget or affordable work plan.
PRINCE2 makes sure that the products or services are being delivered successfully without the risk of any errors. The products offered are assured to be of high quality.